05 August 2006

Warning: Off-Topic Beauty Ahead

If your sole reason for being here is your undying love for Filofax, such that you are unable to reflect upon other instances of beauty in the world, you can stop here. However, for those of you who appreciate perfection manifested in forms other than leather-bound binders and calendar pages, I give you Charlie, my son:



He was born Tuesday night, two and a half weeks early. (We HAVE to get this boy a calendar.) In this picture, he is swaddled for the trip home, on Thursday. Now he's luxuriating in the glow of familial attention, alternately pooping, sleeping, and eating. And I'm luxuriating in his glow.

Does Filofax make a baby carrier insert?

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Welcome Charlie! And best wishes to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I had a feeling Philofaxer's recent absense had something to do with the "frickin' baby"!

    He's frickin' beautiful. Such symmetry!

    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Larry, and welcome! Thanks for telling your fascinating story! A Harrod's Filofax? Droooooooool....

    My first came from a store called Ann Taylor, and I believe it was also stamped with the store name. It was the mid-80's, also during the time Filos were enjoying a heyday in the States. It was made of sturdy brown leather with cotton cream paper. (But as I refilled it for the next couple of years, I didn't always get cotton cream.)

    Now, I can't believe I tossed the thing out, because they're no longer made in Britain like that one was. Part of my decision not to keep it, in addition to the size (it was Personal and I wanted to move up to a 5 x 8 DayRunner), is that I spilled some cosmetics on it that created a permanent stain on the leather. (Hey, I was young.)

    Yeah, it's an ongoing process, isn't it? I was interested in the LifeDrive for a while. I heard that its hard drive would spin down and take a long time to come back up. That was a deal breaker for me. If I were to go back to the Palm, it would be something like the Treo, so I wouldn't have to carry both it and a phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's beautiful. congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My God, congratulations. Beautiful. Charlie's a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Larry -- LOL on the larger house idea! Truly, the moral is never throw a FILOFAX or other cool leather good away.

    ReplyDelete