14 January 2008

Upcoming updates

I'm surprised -- and overjoyed -- to note that guests have begun returning to Philofaxy after just one new blog post after a 3-month absence. So as not to torture you (especially those of you that don't use an RSS feed), I'll let you know that I'm planning to update the blog about twice a week -- once during the weekend (Saturday or Sunday), and once around the middle of the week (Tuesday or Wednesday). I have a few topics up my sleeve, and am always open to suggestions!

In between, you can visit (and hopefully add to) the Flickr Philofaxy pool. The group has been wonderfully active, with folks displaying some amazingly creative Filo configurations.

4 comments:

  1. skcbaGlad to see that updates are coming! I really like reading them.
    I am fond of Philofaxes, however I never had one. For a short time I used a Succes-organizer but I'm afraid I cannot live without Outlook and my little Palm. When I try to use a paperbased system I miss the repeating events like weekly and monthly meetings and birthdays. I miss having all adresses and other contacts in my pocket and a handwritten tasklist soon is a mess!
    But: I look jalously to the beautiful Philofax and Succes systems that other people use! And may be once I can get used to such a system. Until that time I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leen, thank you for joining us!

    You may be able to print your contacts to Filofax or Succes pages. Palm Desktop has a feature for this, and Outlook may, as well.

    When I switched to Filofax from Palm, I had the same fear. I had hundreds of contacts synched to my computer. I decided to just write phone numbers in my Filo as needed. After doing this for 2 years, it turns out I need less than 100! That's right! The main list is safe on my computer, and the ones I need at my fingertips are right there in my Filo when I need them.

    We even have one reader who puts her diary pages through the printer every year to add all the repeating events.

    Or my favorite method...sit down between Christmas and New Year's with a glass of wine and happy memories of everyone's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have printed my address book from Outlook to personal sized pages. I can print four to a page on legal sized paper or two to a page on letter sized paper. It is then a matter of cutting and hole punching to fit the binder.

    I have way too many entries. During my years of Palm use, it was easy to just add every address and phone number "just in case I ever need it". I probably have the numbers I really need in my phone. I rarely need addresses away from my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you so much! Great to be able to read about filos here again!

    ReplyDelete