07 August 2016

Readers Favourite Organiser - Maria

Thank you to Maria for sharing with us her favourite organiser. 

1. What is your favorite organizer (Make/model/size)?

My very new custom made Van der Spek personal size, with 25 mm gold rings and proper ☺. Very nice smooth honing colour croco print leather has been used on the making of this planner.

2. How long have you owned it? 

Well actually I do have the planner for one week. OMG, I love the planner.

3. What is it that you like about it so much? 

As I said, it is a custom made planner, made by Van der Spek (a Dutch company).  I designed the planner. I thought very hard what I want in a planner. I have a very beautiful Malden purple planner (personal size). I love the pockets, but I wanted the pockets in another way. The way it was laid out, was not working for me. I also have a Gillio Compagna, which has a big back pocket. I do not use the back pocket. And also here the pocket layout did not work for me.

So I took the bits and pieces I love from both planners, I thought how I want to use the planner and design my planner. I was so fortunate to be at the Van der Spek meet-up where I could finalise my design and choose the leather of the planner.

I love the layout. It works for my daily life. I have a planner with a detached wallet. If I need the wallet I can use it, when I am in a meeting I leave the wallet in my bag. If I go to the store and I do not want to take the whole planner out, I can easily take the small wallet. I love the flexibility of this planner.

4. Do you use it all the time? 

O hell, yes! Everything is in that thing. If I lose it, it would be a HUGH problem. I have
  • General information in the planner (addresses, insurance numbers, important phone numbers)
  • Monthly inserts, where you can see the birthdays, appointments,
  • Weekly inserts, where i put the my appointments, to do’s, deadlines
  • Me: health, sports, notes
  • Lists: books to read, finance, recipes
  • Work: notes for work, work time lines.
Then I have the wallet, where I have a few cards, note paper and a pen. I asked for an extra pen loop on the wallet, so I can always have an extra pen with me.

As you can read, I use it for everything. All the time with me, working with me, informing me. In return I path the planner, and do some sniffing ☺.  Put it in a nice pouch when I go to sleep. Crazy lady…

5. Do you think the design could be improved in any way? How?

Maybe, life changes, so my planner needs will also change. But I tried to make my planner flexible enough to adapt to life.

I thing this planner will last me a life time. The craftsmanship of Van der Spek is amazing.

And here are some photographs of my favourite organiser.











Thank you Maria that really is a lovely design and superb execution of your ideas. 

If you would like to share with us the details of your favourite organiser, please contact steve @ philofaxy dot com 

4 comments:

  1. A perfect place to show off your planner Maria. I never saw your video!! It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful planner, very lucky of you to be able to have it custom made. I will se your vid later, seems like an interesting one =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful planner :). What model is the pen? It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ery much. The pen is an old model from Gillio. It is a very slim pen and I like the color

      Delete