07 October 2013

Return of the Ascot

I have a confession, I changed my mind.
After buying the beautiful personal Ascot, I swapped it for a crimson Malden and thought I was done. However, as time went by I realised that I actually missed the Ascot so I bought it back... Luckily the new owner hadn't been using it and was very happy for it to come home to me (thanks so much, Kate).   

  

I had initially planned to keep the two personals and swap them around for when I wanted a change. However, I realised that I dislike having Filofaxes that aren't being used and it really started to bug me that the poor Malden was just shut away in a drawer. I have now come full circle, as the Ascot is my only personal and I am in the process of selling the Malden! 

Here's my new dream team. 



As I'm such a Malden fan, I'm surprised that the Ascot is the winner but I think that's only because I already own the vintage pink A5. I love the mixture of the colours and the textures I have with them both. 

11 comments:

  1. If you need a buyer for the Crimson Malden, here I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your interest, Kellie. I will keep you in mind if the sale doesn't go through.

      Delete
  2. I like the Ascot too. I have an A5 one in black and a matching Personal. The only problem with them is that I rarely if ever use personal, and the pen loop on my personal Ascot is very small and tight (and not elasticated like newer binders) so it's impossible to get any of my fountain pens into it. Do you find that the pen loop is very tiny on yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, unfortunately the pen loop is quite tiny. The only fountain pen that will fit is my Muji one which is very slim, or I can fit the clip from my Lamy Safari into it & that works quite well. However, recently I've been using a Franklin Covey ballpoint which fits quite nicely in the loop.

      Delete
    2. Glad it isn't just me... sadly I don't 'do' ballpoints - they give me writer's cramp and make my handwriting illegible. Maybe I should have a gander at the Muji option - even my (miniscule) Verelyte pen won't fit, and that's a very small antique button-filler less than 4 inches long when capped! Sailor do a current model called the 'Chalana' which is extraordinarily thin, too... but also not cheap!

      Delete
    3. I would recommend the Muji fountain pen. Had to buy it on eBay as it's not available from Muji in the UK, but it was pretty cheap & quite nice for the price. I discovered earlier that my Online (a German company) one also fits as the barrel is quite slim as it only becomes a full size pen when posted.

      Delete
  3. I love the photo with the cat, mine is always trying to nap on/near mine, too. Must be the smell of the leather or just wanting to be in the center of things. It's funny how many cats sneak into the Filofax photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An Ascot is on my wish list...good choice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good move! The Ascot is gorgeous and Maldens are, well, meh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be happy if you would compare this one to the a like looking Osterley. To me they seem simelar. Please would you compare them in a post or video?

    ReplyDelete